TRAIN & PLAY THE SOUTHAMPTON WAY
Young people unable to attend the UK player development camp, will get the chance
to experience TRAINING & PLAYING THE SOUTHAMPTON WAY at locations in Nigeria
Southampton FC Principles of play
Emphasis on keeping possession of the ball in all sectors of the pitch with the aim to go forward when the opportunities arise, with a controlled tempo from back to front; with the aim to dominate possession of the ball so we can dictate the flow of the game.
Playing out from the back – With four defenders and three central midfielders, there are seven players able to receive the ball from deep and look to build possession. Switching Play – With wide forward players staying disciplined it is possible to look for quick switches once the opposition has compacted to your side of the field
Clinical in final third – The team that wins is usually the team that makes the most of its chances. We must be clinical in the final third and look for good high percentage shots and positive forward passes.
Pressing together as a team – With three forward players it is possible to press from the front as long as the team behind is staying with the forwards. Pressing alone causes gaps but pressing as a team causes pressure on the opposition’s defence.
- Pre-Game: Talk & Game Directions
- Half Time: Coaching & Correctionshing & Corrections
- Post-Game: Feedback & learning Points
- Top level professional academy training from English Premier League club Southampton FC
- Sessions broken down into three components: Classroom session (Physiological), Ball Mastery, Technical and Physical skills
- Small, sided games and tactics
- Repaid growth in skills, balance, coordination, speed, and agility
- Increase skills in concentration, persistence, and self-discipline (cognitive & perceptual skill acquisition)
- Football Psychology
- Ball mastery
- Technical skills
- Small, sided games
- Tactics & Positioning