“Football is like life – it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.”
What is FUSTARYL?
FUSTAR is an acronym for Future Stars. The FUSTAR Youth League is a Grassroots Football Development Project that aims to present a platform for young, talented aspiring footballers to showcase their talent to the world by engaging them in a consistent and organised manner across Nigeria. The League is born out of the desire to contribute to the Nigerian football space. The objective is to help produce footballers are technically, emotionally and psychologically equipped to take on the world. The FUSTAR Youth League will run two leagues concurrently, under 16, which will have school teams and the under 18 which will be open to the public.
Problem Worth Solving
In Nigeria there has been an extreme loss of interest in Local Football League, people no longer have allegiance to nor support their local clubs or the league, stadia are desolated and politicking and corruption have stunted the growth of football. More often than not the national team depends on the talents that have been groomed abroad, a situation which gives a fifty-fifty chance of converting the ready-made professionals to cap for their father land. Furthermore, young talents are very often left untapped or undiscovered until they grow older and at this stage opt for manipulating their age in order to have a chance, which usually boomerangs to poor performance and short time in top-flight football.
Fustar is passionate about bringing back the lost glory of football in Nigeria. We want to create a platform for young people to express themselves and in the process identify the talented ones, showcase them to the world early enough. With the right strategy in place, our idea of targeting the younger generation will help bring their parents, friends, and family to watch them represent the schools, clubs as the case may be. In essence, we want to re-ignite the love for local football league and make it something of pride once again. Part of our aim is to grow a new generation of young footballers as well as a new viewing public to watch and participate in the local football league.
While the long-term goal of the FUSTAR Youth League is to have leagues running simultaneously in the 36 states of the country, the FUSTAR Youth League will initially be held in Lagos state to build traction, followership, and viewership while establishing its brand in the process. Interested schools will register with a token fee to ensure that they and by extension their wards treat the league with maximum seriousness. The organizers of the League will set-up a player sponsorship scheme which will allow; Parents, Administrators/Schools, Corporations and other Members of Local Communities to sponsor individual players especially those from the deprived homes.
Administration / Governance
The FUSTAR Youth League will be the coordinator and managed by the FUSTAR League Organizing Committee (F.L.O.C). FLOC will be in charge of governing and ensuring the smooth running of the league across the country including making bye-laws for the purpose of achieving this objective.
The organizers of the league will be looking at partnering with sponsors at various level with the aim of allowing these corporations associate their corporate identity including trademark as well goods and services with different aspects of the League. This association would be beneficial to prospective sponsors in twofold; increasing awareness of goods and services provided by prospective sponsors and serve as a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of communities they are based in as part of their corporate social responsibility (CSR).
To bring organized football to the grassroots across the nation of Nigeria.
To engage young people especially those at the grassroots level through consistently organised football events including a Football Invitational tournament and a football youth league.
- To organize a continuous Football Youth League and Tournament
- To empower children and young people to play and lead football activities through a variety of programs and opportunities.
- To provide opportunities for children and young people to play or volunteer in the game whilst at School, College or University.
- To encourage and increase youth participation and engagement in football.
- To ensure a safe and positive playing environment for all participants.
- To instill life-long values of teamwork, dedication and a superior work ethic both on and off the pitch.
- To contribute to football talent development in Nigeria.
- Manage, continually improve and creating an impression as a viable youth league football competition- on and off the field.
- Increase interest in our competitions, promote accessibility to live games and ensure that media exposure is used to optimum effect.
- Generate increased commercial value, using the resulting revenues to further enhance our competitions and strengthen the long term future of the FUSTARYL and its member clubs.
Help to influence responsibly and improve the game in this country and abroad through a partnership with FIFA, foreign clubs and other relevant bodies.